I made this delicious dish to go with some Pita’s I was making. It was amazing, I ate the leftovers for days all by themselves and had to force myself not to make more. I’m planning on making this many more times, especially this summer for BBQ’s! I think it’s a wonderful addition to any picnic type menu! It can be made days in advance and could easily be kept on ice and still remain great!
I will post the Pita recipe next week, trust me, you’ll want to come back for it! They are an amazing pair AND you could make it in advance for a quick weeknight dinner!
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp dried basil, more to taste
- 1 box (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped in small pieces
- 1 can (2¼ ounces) sliced, ripe olives drained
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook orzo, rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together seasoning mix, sugar, vinegar and olive oil. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT basil. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. The longer it is refrigerated (a couple of days perhaps) the more the flavors will meld. Just be sure and mix again before serving.
- Garnish with basil.
*Great for picnics and cookouts!
**Can be made up to 2 days ahead of time!