Peanut Butter Cake is for true peanut butter lovers! This rich, yummy cake will absolutely hit the spot!
Anti-diet warning: I couldn’t stop eating it!
In search of a new recipe, I came across Peanut Butter Cake and was intrigued. Would a cake that tastes like peanut butter be good? After I thought about it, I was certain it would be! So began my exploration of various recipes, then online to even more!
After reading tons of Peanut Butter Cake recipes, baker’s comments on how they modified recipes and thinking about it, I decided to create my own. It’s sort of a conglomeration of everything I read and perhaps my overzealous desire to finally have cake after staring at it for so long!
Be warned: this isn’t a cake with a slight peanut butter taste. This is a cake that tastes like you are eating straight peanut butter. I loved it, husband did not. I took it to an Order of the Eastern Star meeting and everyone liked it (except one person who actually doesn’t like peanut butter!). They ate the majority of the cake so I’ll take that as a good sign.
For the last warning, this is not for the faint of heart. My Mother-in-Love makes a Peanut Butter Cake, which seems to be more like a regular cake of some sort with peanut butter icing. It is fantastic. This recipe, however, has a strong peanut butter flavor!
Peanut Butter Cake
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 c sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- Pre-heat oven to 325°.
- Whisk flour, sugar and baking soda in bowl.
- Beat milk, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Slowly mix liquid mixture into flour mixture on low until mixed.
- On the stovetop, cook and stir water, butter, vegetable oil and peanut butter over medium heat until smooth. Takes about 5 minutes.
- Stir peanut butter mixture into flour mixture. Stir until well mixed. Do not over mix or the cake will be too dense.
- Pour into pan (or pans) until done. Roughly 45 minutes. You’ll smell it, trust me!
Originally posted 2019-05-10 00:01:40.