Steak Tips with Mushroom Gravy is absolutely delicious and easier to make thank I thought! You’ll love this recipe for a quick week night dinner!
Chief ZooKeeper is not a fan of having the same thing very often, so I went on a search and found this fantastic recipe! It was pretty simple and easy to make so if you are not confident in your cooking skills yet, this is not something you should run from! You got this!!!
Steak Tips w Mushroom Gravy
- 2 Cups Rice alternative options below recipe
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, cut into Â¾â pieces along the grain
- 2 TBSP olive oil butter
- 2 TBSP shallots or red onion sliced into tiny slivers
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 3 TBSP flour
- Â½ tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tsp thyme
- Begin cooking your rice.
- Coat a non-stick skillet or cast iron skillet with oil.
- Heat over med-high heat. Saute steak until browned. Remove steak from heat. Should take about 5-6 minutes depending on your stove top.
- Melt butter in hot pan, add shallots and mushrooms. Saute them until almost ‘steak house’ done. Depending on the size of your mushrooms, you may have to add a little more butter later. It should take between 5-9 minutes, but if it takes a different amount don’t worry. Trust your gut! You got this!
- Add garlic. Saute an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in soy sauce, stir constantly.
- Sprinkle flour over the mushroom mixture. Stirring constantly, cook for 1 minute. You’ll get a golden brown color on the flour.
- Gradually (and that is key!) add in beef broth. Keep stirring constantly. After a bit, the liquid will start becoming more like a gravy. It takes a while, I forgot to time it (sorry!). When it gets to almost the right consistency, add your thyme and continue stirring until it’s done.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
~ You could easily replace the rice with mashed potatoes or noodles of some sort.
Originally posted 2018-10-10 11:00:22.