Nixplay Smart Photo Frame has seriously brought so much happiness into our home. Send surprises across the world (or country) anytime and bring joy to your loved ones with this perfect gift.
Between Covid lockdown, living far apart and busy lifestyles it’s difficult to be able to see our grown kids and grandchildren. Our oldest daughter lives an hour away, works full time and has 3 beautiful children to keep her busy, not to mention health challenges that keep her crazy busy. Then there’s Monkey, she lives 8 hours away, works full time and takes care of her 2 babies (both under 5) with very little help from her piece of a husband.
So, needless to say they don’t get to visit much. A very good reason I am passionate with bonding with relatives near and far.
And yeah, it hurts. Especially during the holidays.
Send Joy Randomly
Knowing all of that, you can imagine how exciting it is when the kids randomly add photos to the frame. It’s literally like getting a new surprise out of nowhere! And it doesn’t cost anything, so there’s a bonus! Loved ones can send surprises whenever they want and totally brighten someone’s day! Not going to lie, totally selling it to my busy girl like that!
Randomly it seems, while I’m out or in the middle of whatever tasks I’m trying to complete, I’ll get a notification informing that Monkey has sent my Nixplay Smart Photo Fame new pictures. It’s like getting new surprises!
How It Works
After it’s set up and connected to wireless, create an account with Nixplay and begin adding photos. You can do so with your phone, tablet or computer. You can have up to 2000 photos on this frame in particular and they can be added by friends creating an account or via your custom email address. See, send surprises to the frame! It can be set that the photos are automatically added when a person sends them or set so that they have to be approved. Each time photos are added by others, you’ll get a notification on the app (if you have it).
When we received the Nixplay Smart Photo Frame we were pretty stoked. Well, I was anyway. Husband is skeptical about everything in the world and thought initially that I’d brought in a smart device, which creates a hole or something in the security of a home network and hackers are going to come and break into our network and steal everything and we won’t have groceries and we’ll have random minions popping up out of our vents and obviously it will be a nightmare.
Did I mention he secures other people’s networks for a living? Ours is probably the most vulnerable ever because he puts all of his talents into his clients. It’s kind of like that old saying ‘a mechanic’s wife’s car never runs.’ Except with computer stuff.
A Little Shock
So one day, I’m laying on the bed (probably taking a nap) and all the sudden something screams ‘Let’s….. gooooo out with a BANG’ and music proceeds to play. Loudly. Like, screaming through the otherwise quiet house. With drums or something…. We were absolutely not expecting that! I had read in the manual that videos could be sent and played, but hadn’t really tested it out and hadn’t told Monkey about it either.
Needless to say I had not messed with the video settings, so the volume was turned up all the way and it scared the heck out of me! Good times! I’ve since muted it, so there will be no more screaming surprises.
My only complaint about the video playback is that it only plays 15 seconds of a video. I really feel like there’s no point of playing 15 second clips, especially because it cut off just as the video was getting to the cutest part, where both my grandbabies were smiling!
~ Website ~
Real Life, Honest Opinion About the Nixplay Smart Photo Frame
Okay, so my opinions about the frames. I don’t do false opinions, they are not based on anyone else’s thoughts and no company can buy my opinions. My integrity has no price.
- The videos being limited to 15 seconds sucks. That’s just enough to get into the intro. If you have no intentions of having videos, that won’t be a problem. I would have said the same thing, but then Monkey sent the adorable video and it got cut off…
- This particular frame has no sensor to turn it off and on, even though the manual says it does. I contacted support and was informed that it does not. SO, it only goes off when the alarm is set to come on/go off and when I manually turn it off. I hate that. I prefer things be as energy efficient as possible so I recommend buying the version that has the sensor in it.
- I’m not a fan of silver. It literally matches nothing in my living room. I suppose that’s not a real complaint, but I did say honest opinion.
- I love that I can adjust the transition time and method.
- I love that I can have and switch between different photo collections, I’m getting ready to do different ones for holidays and our anniversary.
- There’s a remote! AND it magnetizes to the back of the frame (except when hanging on the wall) so I have yet to lose it! Even if you (or the person you are getting it for) don’t like or want the app on your phone (which acts as a remote from anywhere) as well,, the remote will do everything you need to do without touching the frame, so no prints!