A.K.A. Cornflake Chicken
1 pkg boneless chicken
½ cup flour
Kosher salt and pepper
6 c cornflakes, crushed
2/3 c buttermilk (you can also use silk if you are dairy free, it’s still good that way)
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
¼ cayenne pepper
1 ½ tsp paprika
¾ tsp ground sage
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Cover chicken in flour mixture.
- Mix buttermilk, mustard, cayenne, paprika, and sage.
- Dispose of leftover flour and put cornflakes in that bowl.
- Dredge chicken in sauce, then roll in cornflakes. I suggest sitting it on a cooling rack while you do the rest. Helps the chicken to have air on all sides.
- Bake on wire rack in pan to 160 degrees, about 25-30 minutes. Juices will run clear.
If you don’t have boneless chicken, you can use 2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 wings, and 2 legs. This will effect the cook time.
Crunch up the cornflakes fairly well so that they aren’t big pieces but don’t make them dust, either.
Originally posted 2013-06-21 00:01:10.