I love cooking things that are delicious and simple. The Dutch Oven Herb Pork Loin was quick and easy which certainly fits the bill of both!!! It wasn’t much work to get it together and we all enjoyed it so much there were no leftovers! The best part is that it was so great no one added ketchup or anything else! LOL. Chief ZooKeeper always insists on modifying things, this one he complimented repeatedly! It would be incredibly easy to prepare the ingredients, brown, and then start after work or school. A one pot meal with little clean up so you can get to what’s important: your life!
For our health, we chose to go to a very paleo like diet. That’s when I realized just how much junk was truly in my ‘healthy’ diet. I only call it junk because since I’ve switched, I’ve learned that my body was not happy with many of my food choices. I feel better and am healthier, that’s totally worth the sacrifice.
Dutch Oven Herb Pork Loin
- 4 pound boneless top loin roast
- 1 tsp thyme
- Horseradish Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 onions, thinly sliced (leave out for auto immune and paleo diet!)
- carrots, bell peppers, etc as desired. sliced small
- Rub pork with thyme.
- Heat the dutch oven on high then brown loin on all sides.
- When pork has been browned, brush all sides with horse radish sauce.
- Add the water to the pot. Place the lid on and turn heat to low.
- Cook until meat reaches 140 degrees.
- At 140 degrees, remove pork and place in a warming area (I use the oven typically and keep it covered, you don’t want the oven on or it will cook the meat too much)
- Add vegetables to oven and saute. Cook until done.
Need some fabulous desserts? We have lots, check out this yummy Raspberry Almond Delight!