Online Dating has become a huge thing these days and for good reason. These tips will help you take the perfect profile photo!
There are great people out there who don’t want to play the ‘game’ and online dating helps to eliminate the need for that. When I was young, the internet was that dial up sound you hear in old movies. Now, it’s in the palm of nearly everyone’s hands. That can be a powerful thing, it can also be scary. If you are doing online dating, or considering it, be sure and check out my Safety post for online dating, of course it is good for any dating.
Chief ZooKeeper and I recently celebrated our 11th Birthdaversary. When we met online, it was a very new thing. People, especially in the South, just didn’t end up married when they met that way. Of course, I have a very dear friend who has been married 15 years now, and met her husband online as well. I still remember the funny looks I’d get when I told people how we met. Now, that information is met with a response containing a story of theirs or a loved ones experience!
If you aren’t a socialite, or don’t have the time or desire to meet someone by going to a club, bars, or wherever all the time then online dating is perfect for you. If you have time, jump online to one of the many dating sites and see who might be out there. It’s super easy to find free online dating and you don’t have to waste time talking wo people you aren’t interested in! While there are some paid sites, there are many more dating sites that have free accounts or offer free trials. What could it hurt to get out there?
I love that it’s so easy these days to get on free online dating sites these days. I wanted
- First and foremost, remove the geo tag from your photos before you post them anywhere. You can see how to do that here. This will ensure no one can pull the location that the photos were taken at to help protect you from being found when you don’t want to be!
2. Rather than posting an attempt to be sexy, post pictures showing your smile. There are studies that show how a smile actually emits feel good chemicals in the brain! This is why we automatically return smiles (most of the time).
3. Don’t use a photo that is more than a year old. A lot can change in a year, we don’t want to post something where we look way different and there may be subtle changes that you don’t notice.
4. Post action shots: action shots give the reader a better sense of you than a headshot could ever portray. Perhaps some shots from an outing with friends or family? I do not recommend ever posting pics with children; I’m a little protective over the littles!
5. Use Color to stand out. This will help your photo stand out! If you like bright colors, wear them! Red is particularly fabulous for dating site photos.
6. Include Full Body shots as well as lots of ‘medium’ shots. These are pretty much the upper body that shows the background of the photos.
However you go about socializing online, whether it’s for dating or just making new friends, get out there and have fun! It’s not a huge commitment, if you don’t feel like logging on then don’t, if someone gives you bad vibes then block them (it will be like you disappeared), don’t be afraid to try it out! Maybe you’ll meet the person of your dreams!
For my blogging buddies, check out these tips fro Creating Fantastic Content!
**Photos obtained legally for free from MorgueFile.com**