Originally posted 2013-11-21 00:10:01.
Originally posted 2013-11-13 00:01:36.
What if you truly could make a difference but the catch was you would never actually see the results? Would you do it? Would you step out in faith, obeying that call and overcoming your self doubt? Often donating to charities are this way, you know what their cause is but you don’t ever see result in person. I feel like that is exactly what we are called to do. We are to step up and do the right thing, whether we can see a great difference or we will never truly know. Sometimes, it’s not about anything we thought.
World Vision is a not for profit group that helps children and families to step closer to overcoming poverty in 100 countries, including the US. There is a saying about teaching a man to fish so that he might be able to provide himself food forever. I’m sure that you’ve all heard it, it seems to be everywhere! Through World Vision, you can buy families farm animals, help them with wells, help pay for basic education, or even go literal with it and pay for a fishing kit for someone. The skills they learn don’t just help them for a year or two, they help the local economies and help families turn desperate situations to journeys of hope. You can donate any amount, no one will be upset if you can only donate a small amount, as every donation counts.
An amazing gift you can give someone who has everything is a donation in their honor. You’ll get a little card about what you donated telling the story of how it will help or you can order from their gift catalog and get a free gift by donating to the maximum impact fund. The gifts that are available are amazing and all are hand made!
We hope that you’ll take a moment this holiday season and donate to something a little more important than lining the pockets of corporations. Make a purchase that will effect a lifetime, not be put in the back of the closet, lost, or broken. A purchase that will change lives, perhaps even yours.
Find ‘Em Here
Originally posted 2013-11-07 00:01:53.
Originally posted 2013-11-06 08:51:23.
Hey everyone! I seriously love having a Foodie Penpal send me a box every month! Here is what I got this month!
Sour Lover’s Real Fruit Juice Candy
Dalmatian Fig Spread
Lucky Dog Mild Fire-roasted Pepper Sauce
Real Fruit Strips- Mango and Strawberry!
Honey Sticks of Various Flavors
Wolff’s Kasha Whole Grain Buckwheat
Every month a new surprise! LOVE getting the boxes! A special thank you to my new CA friend, Shanon! She sent some great stuff! Of what I got to try, Monkey called dibs pretty fast! LOL. If you wanna join in the fun, check out the link below.
Originally posted 2013-10-31 06:00:47.
Click on it to see the scary Hay Tractor Driver. 😀
Originally posted 2013-10-30 06:30:50.
Dating can be intimidating (ha!) these days making safety precautions more important than ever. It’s not that everyone out there is dangerous or nefarious in their intent, it’s just that those that are can be super evil. One only needs to turn on the news to verify the validity of that statement!
Dating has changed so much over the years, where once people were set up with eligible matches by their parents, nowadays we meet up with complete strangers thanks to the glorious internet! Husband and I met on a dating site and, at the time, telling people got crazy looks. These days, it’s normal! A good free dating site for you can certainly enhance the dating pool!
London has created a very clever way to help ensure safety when dating. Ask for Angela is a program that has already been rolled out in South London boroughs for those who feel unsafe in pubs and clubs to obtain a safe and successful exit. Police and various pubs and clubs have teamed up to “help reduce sexual violence and vulnerability by providing customers with a non-descript phrase they can use” to get themselves out of situations that feel unsafe. This is absolutely awesome! I appreciate that they are taking a proactive step in protecting the populous! Hopefully, Ask for Angela will inspire similar programs worldwide!
How does it work? When customers in pubs and such ask for Angela, they are pulled to the side (to a safe place) in such a way as to not alert ones date, then the staff can call a cab, friend or family member for the person or ask the offending party to leave the location. This is definitely a safety plan that all night spots should have, in my opinion). I love that it empowers people so that when fear sets in, they can find a safe way out with support! We should never be ignored or feel as if our concerns aren’t validated, especially if we feel there is a danger!
Safety is Essential!
Continue reading Dating Safety: Protect Yourself When You Go Out!
This video is from the program in the prison that enabled us to visit and speak to the ladies in the prison. I have a whole post prepared of my story, but I wanted to share this by itself. Mainly because it tells their story, not mine. Even having been there, knowing so much of what is in the video, I can’t do justice to the feeling of change and hope among these women, women who are complete strangers but have that ‘something’ about them. It’s amazing how that works, how a power mightier than anything else can take women who will quite possibly die in prison free of a life of pain and turmoil within the bounds of bricks and barbed wire.
During our trip, we were able to meet some of these women. It was amazing to meet women who had truly been changed. It brings a new meaning to the word for me. I’ve studied psychology and have taken a special interest in seeking to understand people who have committed terrible crimes. For whatever reason, I have always wanted to understand the reasons behind their actions. Over time, I’ve sought out the common denominator and found it repeatedly to be brokenness. No matter the background, no matter the personality, a deep rooted emptiness seems to sit at the bottom of us. Fortunately, not all of us have come to the point that the men and women in prison see.
If you’d like to learn more about this program, see more of the amazing videos, or even donate to help this amazing program, click here.
Originally posted 2013-10-26 05:37:32.
Not gonna lie, I’ve reached an age where the tilt a whirl made me sick. Joy. But the kid had fun so it was totally worth it!
Got any great fair/carnival memories?
Originally posted 2013-10-23 04:41:50.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you. (Patience In The Jungle)
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 question the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers who you believe deserve to be nominated and recognized.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all of those bloggers know that you nominated them for The Sunshine Award. (You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you).
- I have a line that grows down the middle of one fingernail and causes it to break every stinkin’ time. (I’ll take any tips to get rid of that you have! LOL)
- My favorite color is orange but I have an affinity for bright ocean colored blues.
- When I’m trying to do something and my dogs won’t leave me alone, I do whatever they want so they’ll shut up. Don’t judge me. LOL
- I always tell our daughter to focus on whatever task she is doing but if I get distracted I go on doing whatever it is that distracted me and frequently don’t finish the original task.
- I can’t help but psychoanalyze everything I come across – thank you psychology.
- I have a hard time not getting deep with these things, but I’m sure you noticed that. 😛
- My absolute favorite food is a salad so long as there is a good salad bar.
- I obsess over earning on swagbucks. LOL. Run back and forth to play videos while I’m cleaning. I rationalize it that I’m earning money and exercising more by doing so. Again, don’t judge… 😛
- My ‘office’ is in the laundry room. It doesn’t help me get the laundry done.
- If I don’t know what I’m cooking for dinner early, I freak out about it all day long.
Patience in the Jungle’s Questions:
- Why did you start your blog? I started my blog to vent my frustrations with my narcolepsy and cataplexy, then I realized I didn’t need a platform for that and found my love for reviews, crafts, and sharing!
- What is your favorite recipe? My favorite recipe at the moment is my Coconut Lime Chicken Soup. If you haven’t tried it, give it a chance. It’s amazing! No coconut flavor, so don’t worry about that.
- Where is your favorite place in the world? My house, I know, lame.
- What is the best piece of advice you have received? Pray about it.
- What is your goal for your blog? Oh, that… People keep saying I should have a goal, it’s on my to do list!
- Do you have any secret talents? I can read people and seem to know what to say to them to make them feel better.
- What would your last meal ever be? Delicious! No idea other than I would want it to be really good! Maybe a combination of things: nachos, fajitas, ice cream, spaghetti, my husband’s jambalaya chicken, ice cream, strawberry shortcake and tiramisu. Yep, all in one meal. Might as well go all in. Not like feeling sick will matter!
- What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas. I love the reason for it, with all I am. I also love decorating for it and how everyone gets so much nicer!
- What is your guilty pleasure? trashy TV shows I’m not ready to admit yet…
- Who is your favorite artist? Reba MacEntire
- Who is your favorite author? Toni Anderson. She is great!
My Questions For The Nominees
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is your best kitchen/cooking tip?
- How do you get your mind off of things when you are stressed?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your best parenting or life tip?
- What is your go to meal to cook for dinner?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your favorite quality about yourself?
- If you weren’t limited by anything, what would you do for a career?
- What is your all time favorite movie(s)?
- What is the most silly superstition that follows you?
The Nominees That I Have Chosen Are…..
- Journeys of the Zoo
- Emily Reviews
- Planet Weidknecht
- Mom and More
- Hanging off the Wire
- A Year of Jubilee Reviews
- Afternoons with You
- The Kids Did It
- Obsessed with Scrapbooking
- Courtney Lane Designs
- Leah Says Views
Congrats you all have amazing blogs and I’m so happy to nominate you for an award!!
Originally posted 2013-10-21 11:01:58.